TPC-Cís Five Transactions
- New-order: enter a new order from a customer
- Payment: update customer balance to reflect a payment
- Delivery: deliver orders (done as a batch transaction)
- Order-status: retrieve status of customerís most recent order
- Stock-level: monitor warehouse inventory
Transactions operate against a database of nine tables.
Transactions do update, insert, delete, and abort;primary and secondary key access.
Response time requirement: 90% of each type of transaction must have a response time £ 5 seconds, except stock-level which is £ 20 seconds.