TPC-D Database Scaling and Load
Database size is determined from fixed Scale Factors (SF):
- 1, 10, 30, 100, 300, 1000, 3000, 10000 (note that 3 is missing, not a typo)
- These correspond to the nominal database size in GB. (I.e., SF 10 is approx. 10 GB, not including indexes and temp tables.)
- Indices and temporary tables can significantly increase the total disk capacity. (3-5x is typical)
Database is generated by DBGEN
- DBGEN is a C program which is part of the TPC-D spec.
- Use of DBGEN is strongly recommended.
- TPC-D database contents must be exact.
Database Load time must be reported
- Includes time to create indexes and update statistics.
- Not included in primary metrics.